Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Riley Designs Dichro: Aurora - Green/Magenta Blue

I usually just plunge into the dichro and use it, and forget to mark what I was using, so I don't often review dichro.

This is from Riley Designs, it is a CBS coating (the dichro part) and a significant part of the Riley dichro line is coated onto Uroboros clear, for it's clarity. You have to admit, coating dichro onto Effetre scummy clear just seems like a bad idea.

This is a double layer of the dichro, and encased in Uroboros clear. It's very hard to get a clear dichro bead in focus properly - I should have done a manual focus - because - dichro is designed to reflect light, and does it in such a way that it makes it hard for the autofocus to figure out where it is.

Notice you can see the green and the magenta from it's name. Also some blue, gold and yellow, because dichro just doesn't stop at a few colours! (I should have shot the glass before using it. Dichro doesn't hang around long in my studio.)

Here we have a core of some lovely deep purple that I am completely uncertain as to the provenance of, but it might have been a Lauscha glass, with a layer of dichro, and encased in Uroboros clear.  

How freaking yummy is that? Never met a dichro I didn't like.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for posting a picture of your bead using the Aurora Borealis Green/Magenta Blue Riley Designs Dichroic Strips. I always love to see the beads that were made with my dichroic strips. Lori Riley

    ReplyDelete