Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Photography Trick



Here's a kind of fun little trick for photographing beads outside in bright sunshine - always good for showing them off, but keeping a nice clean, uncluttered background.

It looks like I'm holding them up to the sky, right? And then messed with the exposure to get a dark sky for contrast.

Actually - I am shooting them against the backdrop of the windows of my van. The tinted side windows reflect a darker version of the sky, giving me a clutter free backdrop, with nice contrast. I was holding the beads about 18 inches away, making it easy to find a position where I am not shooting my own reflection.

Easy. And if you don't have a van with tinted windows, surely someone on the block does. Way to get funny looks from the neighbors, wandering around taking pictures of someone else's vehicle. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment