Thursday, February 05, 2009

More Dalai Llama and Tibet

I seem to be getting better with this glass! Following the formula of:

  • heat the snot out of it
  • cool with no reheating
  • strike lightly
  • encase

I'm getting better and better results. Or, at least, results that I like better - which is as good.






























The pic of the ivory bicone - I didn't actually strike - I just kinda dug it the way it was. It also has fine silver wire. It is encased with Kelp - making the fine silver wire look like gold, or brass or copper.














This last bead is Tibet, labeled "Dk Grn" - a particular batch known as "Dark Green."

Now this is nice!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:15 p.m.

    Wow, that's very cool looking! now I have something to aspire to~

    can you encase it and still retain the colors, which is what I am trying to do...

    thanks for your wonderful tips!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's actually easier to get the colours when you encase it. More heat = more colours.

    Heat it as hot as you can get it first - drippy hot - then cool. One long cool - not in and out of the flame. Strike (bring back into the flame) or encase then. Encase is like striking in this case - as it heats the surface back up.

    ReplyDelete