Thursday, December 18, 2008

CiM 563: Pulsar

Pulsar - Blue Pulsar - a very deep, intense, rich aqua.

Really, a lovely colour. Is it more intense than the Moretti or Vetro Dark aquas - dunno - I'll have to find some and try them side by side - I don't have any to hand.






The bubbles in the paddle are totally my fault - don't blame the glass for that!









Pulsar as a self-solid, and very thin - over white. It retains it's intensity very nicely.











This one was reduced - see the blush of red on the surface.




Overall - a really nice, rich, dark aqua colour.

4 comments:

  1. I have problems with the darker Moretti Aquas 'burning,' bubbling and scumming in the flame. It's so bad that I don't even use the Moretti aquas anymore. Is Pulsar any better? Can you heat the bejeezus out of it and still have it play nice?
    I love your blog by the way, it's a great reference and very helpful.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good point. I have had problems with the dark aquas "smoking" - especially in a Natural Gas flame. I tried it last night at the big studio - and I think I smoked it - but I won't know for sure until I see it later today. I'll keep you posted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How did the Pulsar turn out? What do you mean by "smoke"? Does it get black and sooty? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. See my newer posting about Pulsar. Good point about what exactly do I mean about having had a problem with other aquas "smoking" - I'll try and find a "loser" bead in my stash of rejects and post a pic so that we have a common frame of reference.

    ReplyDelete